EYE AND EYELID RECONSTRUCTION
Surgical treatments for eyelid or
Unlike many others who provide surgical and non-invasive eyelid procedures, Dr. James Oestreicher is an Ophthalmologist certified to perform Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. This means he regularly deals with the management of deformities and abnormalities of the eyelids, lacrimal (tear) system, the orbit (bony cavity surrounding the eye) and the adjacent face. He also has the training and experience required to:
- recreate an eyelid lost to cancer
- remove a tumor resting on the optic nerve (located behind the eye) without affecting your vision
There is no replacement for this experience or the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are dealing with a highly experienced eye specialist, not a general Plastic Surgeon, Ophthalmologist, Dermatologist, Otolaryngologist (ENT), Facial Plastic Surgeon or General Practitioner.
Learn more about Dr. Oestreicher's special expertise by reviewing the following pages:
- Surgical treatment for drooping upper eyelid (Ptosis)
- Staring or bulging eyes (Hyperthyroidism)
- Watery eyes, caused by blocked or obstructed tear duct (DCR or dacryocystorhinostomy)
- Malfunctioning eyelids that turn outward or inward
- Eyelid with cancer
- Surgical removal of the entire eye (enucleation and evisceration)
All of the above are available on referral by your existing physician.
"It really does take years off your appearance"
I had the bags under my eyes removed. I also had CO2 laser to smooth wrinkles. It really does take years off your appearance. I was very happy with the outcome and have had lots of positive comments ever since. After surgery, you look pretty beat up but I could go back to work in 2 weeks. The laser treatment takes quite a while to settle - up to six months, but it looks really good now too. I felt Dr. Oestreicher did a great job and I would recommend him for this type of surgery.